Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Gist of it.

I've still yet to read Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts, but I do desire to. Though I have yet to read it, I've been inspired by this woman to keep a thankfulness list of my own. I will be keeping a log of the things I'm thankful for, each day.

I easily fall into the sin of coveting. "My house doesn't look like their house." "I don't dress like her." "My kids don't act like that." "My husband doesn't do that." - Those are thoughts that have gone through my head in both past and present time.
Getting into the habit of thinking like that, has sent me to a place in where I do not recognize the beauty God has set before me. He has handpicked both my struggles and gifts. He is the giver of all good things. When I don't notice that, I don't embrace His gifts; and that pushes me from growing in him. From being in love with Him.

1 Thessalonians 5:18
"give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

This list is more of a personal way to reflect, but blogging it somehow makes it more tangible. Im using this blog as a way to hold me accountable-if I'm posting this blog to The World, maybe I'll be consistent.

So everyday, I will post at least 10 things that I'm thankful for.

Here is a list of the things I've been thankful for in the last couple of days:


  1. My husbands affection.
  2. Conversations with Isaiah.
  3. Isaiah yelling at the dining room table: "I LOVE MY MOMMY"
  4. Isaiah taking off my glasses and looking into my eyes.
  5. Titus dancing.
  6. Titus hugging me.
  7. Breakfast in the park.
  8. Drawing chalk on the sidewalk with Isaiah.
  9. Creative outlets: Decorating Titus' party.
  10. Conversation with our neighbor, J.C. last night.
  11. Isaiah finding a pen and saying, "here mommy, I foun ah pin"
  12. Isaiah saying to me: "your hair is awesome"
  13. Titus saying, "Stop"
  14. Date on the dock with Corey.
  15. Working on the budget with Corey.
  16. My mom watching our boys.
  17. Isaiah and I holding hands and jumping to get from place to place in the house.
  18. A non-confrontational doctor visit when I told them I no longer want to vaccinate.
  19. Titus turning one!
  20. Spelt biscuits that turned out awesome. 
So there's the beginning of this! Copying this from my journal to this blog has already begun to stir something up in me. Praise God. I'm thankful for Him and His patience, and grace. 



1 comment:

  1. I checked the book out at the library. It was a quick read and oh so good. The most challenging part for me has been on those days that just stink. It is easy for me to think of gifts God has given me on good days. But then there are those days that are hard and everything goes wrong. I sit and try to figure out just how God showed his love for me in those days through His gifts and it is hard...but heart changing. Looking forward to reading your gifts!

    ReplyDelete